- PARTIES. The property is reserved for the Renter by the Owner
or real estate Agency named in the reservation.
- CONSIDERATION. Consideration is the total amount of rent including
any security deposit stated in the reservation.
- PREMISES. Know as the Property, being a furnished dwelling,
is described by its address (Property-ID) in the reservation.
- TERM. Dates and time of occupancy as stated in the reservation.
- PAYMENT. All payments are non-refunable except as provided for in paragraph 13 of this agreement and will be receivedand then deposited into the escrow
account of Shore & Country Real Estate pending bank clearance
and owner transfer. All installments of rent and security/damage
deposit if any are due and payable as described in the reservation.
The first payment, one-half the rent, is due and payable to hold a reservation within 7 days of sent confirmation. The final payment will be made by cash, money order, or checks at least 30 days prior to occupancy. Any final payment not received 30 days prior to arrival will be subject to loss of reservation and/or initial deposit.
- ENTRY. Entry will be permitted only upon full payment. Either
the Renter or a representative may pick up the keys of the premises
at time of check-in. A prior arrangement in writing for and positive
identification of such representative is necessary if that person
is unknown to the Owner or to Shore & Country Real
- SECURITY DEPOSIT/DAMAGE DEPOSIT. The amount of Security/Damage
Deposit if any is so stated in the reservation. This amount is
refundable approximately 30 days after the rental provided the
premises are left in clean and satisfactory condition and provided
there is nothing missing or damaged. The premises will be inspected
by its Owner/representative at the end of the rental.
- BEACH PASS. Where needed are supplied by property owner and shall be left there upon check out..
- ESCROW INTEREST. The parties agree that all rent and security
deposits will not bear interest for benefit of Renter or Owner. However, as required by Connecticut law, real estate
brokers are required to deposit escrow funds in an interest bearing
account. The interest thereon shall be paid to the Connecticut
Housing Finance Authority for the purpose of providing mortgage
assistance to qualified first-time home buyers with low or moderate
- OTHER CONDITIONS. ALL PROPERTIES ARE NON-SMOKING. The Renter assumes FULL responsibility for
the property and all contents inside and outside. The property is to be left in
a CLEAN AND SATISFACTORY CONDITION for the following Renter, and
not to sub-let or loan any of the property without the approval
of the Owner or Shore & Country Real Estate.
- OCCUPANTS. No more than the stated maximum number of occupants
in the reservation will be allowed on the property for overnight stays during the rental period.
At the discretion of the Owner/Agent a resultant additional charge
per person may be levied or the rental may be cancelled and re-entry
gained by the Owner.
- PETS. Some properties do allow pets widepending on what hasth deposit. This will br allowed per property with a refundable OR non-refundable deposit has been requested by the proprty owner.
- CANCELLATION BY RENTER. Upon notice to Shore & Country Real Estate
in writing of a desire to cancel for any reason, mailed together
with a copy of your Reservation Agreement, Shore & Country
Real Estate will attempt to re-rent the premises. Provided the
premises can be re-rented for the time period, all funds will
be refunded less a service fee of 15% of the total rental. In
the event the property is not re-rented, all funds will be forfeited
and the Renter remains obligated under the Rental Agreement. No cancellation refunds allowed witin sixty(60) days of arrival. You are advised to buy travel insurance.
- CANCELLATION BY OWNER. This revervation is subject to cancellation at the option of the Owner or the agency for any of the following: non-payment or late payment of rent or security deposit; if the number persons allowed at the property exceeds that stated in the reservation; if the renter or any occupant causes damage to the property; or intends to use the property for illegal activities; or cause a public nuisance, excessive noise or disturbance to the neighbors where it is necessary to involve local authorities.
- OCCUPANCY TIME. Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. on the arrival date.
Check-out time is 11:00 am on departure date. Special arrangements
can be made for late arrivals. Please call in advance if you will
be arriving at a later time.
Please make all checks payable to Shore & Country Real Estate
and mail to:
Shore & Country Real Estate
P.O. Box 69, South Lyme, CT 06376