- PARTIES. The property is reserved for the Lessee by the Owner/Lessor
or real estate Agency named in the reservation.
- CONSIDERATION. Consideration is the total amount of rent including
any security deposit stated in the reservation.
- PREMISES. Know as the Property, being a furnished dwelling,
is described by its address (Property-ID) in the reservation.
- TERM. Dates and time of occupancy as stated in the reservation.
- PAYMENT. All payments received will be deposited into the escrow
account of Shore & Country Real Estate pending bank clearance
and owner transfer. All installments of rent and security/damage
deposit if any are due and payable as described in the reservation.
The first installment of rent, a minimum of $100 or one-half the
rent, whichever is greater, is due and payable when the reservation
agreement is signed to hold a reservation. Full payment will be
made by cash, money order, or check at least 30 days prior to
occupancy. Any payment made within 30 days of occupancy must be
either bank check, money order, or cash. Personal checks will
not be accepted within 30 days of occupancy. All payments received
are non-refundable except as provided in paragraph 13 below.
- ENTRY. Entry will be permitted only upon full payment. Either
the Lessee or a representative may pick up the keys of the premises
at time of check-in. A prior arrangement in writing for and positive
identification of such representative is necessary if that person
is unknown to the Owner/Lessor or to Shore & Country Real
- SECURITY DEPOSIT/DAMAGE DEPOSIT. The amount of Security/Damage
Deposit if any is so stated in the reservation. This amount is
refundable approximately 30 days after the rental provided the
premises are left in clean and satisfactory condition and provided
there is nothing missing or damaged. The premises will be inspected
by its owner/representative at the end of the rental.
- BEACH PASS DEPOSIT. A beach pass deposit fee, if any, must be
held by Shore & Country Real Estate if the Lessee wishes to
procure a beach pass. This deposit will be refunded upon the return
of the pass. It is available for a certain few properties. Most
beaches/areas control entry without passes.
- ESCROW INTEREST. The parties agree that all rent and security
deposits will not bear interest for benefit of Lessee, Lessor
or owner. However, as required by Connecticut law, real estate
brokers are required to deposit escrow funds in an interest bearing
account. The interest thereon shall be paid to the Connecticut
Housing Finance Authority for the purpose of providing mortgage
assistance to qualified first-time home buyers with low or moderate
- OTHER CONDITIONS. The Lessee assumes FULL responsibility for
the property and equipment loaned him to see that it is left in
a CLEAN AND SATISFACTORY CONDITION for the following tenant, and
not to sub-let or loan any of the property without the approval
of the Lessor.
- OCCUPANTS. No more than the stated maximum number of occupants
in the reservation will be allowed on the property at one time.
At the discretion of the owner/Lessor a resultant additional charge
per person may be levied or the tenancy may be cancelled and re-entry
gained by the owner.
- PETS. NO PETS ALLOWED.
- CANCELLATION. Upon notice to Shore & Country Real Estate
in writing of a desire to cancel for any reason, mailed together
with a copy of your Reservation Agreement, Shore & Country
Real Estate will attempt to re-rent the premises. Provided the
premises can be re-rented for the time period, the deposit will
be refunded less a service fee of 15% of the total rental. In
the event the property is not re-rented, the deposit will be forfeited
and the Lessee remains obligated under the lease. We recommend
you consider purchasing travel insurance.
- OCCUPANCY TIME. Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. on the arrival date.
Check-out time is 11:00 am on departure date. Special arrangements
can be made for late arrivals. Please call in advance if you will
be arriving at a later time.
- RETURN DATE. This reservation is subject to cancellation unless
returned to the agency promptly, properly signed by the named
parties accompanying the required payment, and to be received
by Shore & Country within 7 days of the date of this contract
or at the option of the Agency/Lessor this reservation may be
Please make all checks payable to Shore & Country Real Estate
and mail to:
Shore & Country Real Estate
P.O. Box 69, South Lyme, CT 06376