Buying or selling a home is one of the most important
decisions a person will have to make in their lifetime. This experience
can be daunting unless you are working together with a professional
estate broker who understands the process. If you are thinking of
engaging in the buying process, contact me.
When Selling a Home:
A seller should never underestimate the importance
of making a good first impression on a potential buyer. Here are
a few simple tips that can help increase your home's appeal and
An Appealing Exterior:
- Keep the front walkway swept
- Remove newspapers, bikes and toys from the front walk or yard
- Park extra cars away from the property.
- Trim back the shrubs
- Apply a fresh coat of exterior paint if necessary
- Clean windows and window coverings
- Keep plumbing and all appliances in working order
- Maintain all sealants (sink, tub, window, shower, etc.) in good
- Make sure roof and gufters are in good condition
- Mow the lawn frequently and plant flowers, hire a professional
landscaping company if necessary
A Clean and Inviting Interior:
- Keep the kitchen and bathrooms spotless
- Vacuum carpets and keep floor surfaces clean
- Accent living and dining rooms with freshly cut flowers
- Put dishes and laundry away
- Make beds
- Open drapes and turn on lights to enhance the atmosphere
- Keep closets neat
- Put toys away
- Switch off the television.
- Keep pets out of the way and pet areas clean and odor-free.
- Make safe jewelry, cash, prescription medication and other valuables.
- Avoid clutter to enhance the spaciousness of your home
Generally speaking, potential buyers usually feel more comfortable
when owners are not present. If an interested party is unaccompanied
by an agent and request to see your property, please refer them
to your real estate professional for an appointment. If you are
leaving town for a weekend, remember to leave the number where you
can be reached so that offers can be made promptly.